Friday, June 18, 2010

this stuff never happens to me

I just experienced a miracle. We have a had a sweet single mom and her 3 year old son staying with us this month. She HAS to be back in New Orleans by Tuesday for legal reasons. After a lot of praying and discussing, we were able to make arrangements for a friend who is going to Houston for Father's Day to take her there, and friends from New Orleans to pick her up.
That was Monday. As of today, everything began to fall apart...on both ends. It was still a possibility, but beginning to look pretty hard.
I had to buy a few things, and was in Walmart, trying to concentrate on coffee and cake mixes, but thinking about what to do. I considered that I would take her to New Orleans Monday, but I have committed to take another friend to two doctors appointments in Dallas on Monday. I have been praying about this all day, and I know others have too. As I was trying to figure it all out, I asked God to just work out SOMETHING to get these precious people home before Tuesday.
Suddenly I ran into an old friend that I have not seen in a couple of years. She asked what I have been doing, and I told her...everything. She was very concerned and began to offer suggestions. Finally, she said, "What if I just write a check for plane fare to get her home?" REALLY? She said she understands how hard things can be for a single Mom and she wants to do this to help out.
I am so so so thankful for God's provision. He provided what was needed in a very unexpected way. And I am so thankful for my generous friend who was willing to let God use her in this way.

1 comment:

Wendy Moser said...

Amazing! I hope she got home ok and things went well yesterday.