Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lake House Vacation


I am EXTREMELY blessed when it comes to family. We all love each other, and even like each other. We get along great and enjoy being together. It gives me such great joy to see all of the grandchildren playing happily, surrounded by aunts and uncles who love them.

Last week, we spent 4 nights at a rented lake house, which is an annual tradition we began 6 years ago. Having extended time away together really creates great memories and strong bonds.




We started with a house of about 1200 square feet, filled with 15 people; crazy crowded, but enough fun to make us want to make it a new tradition.




This year, we had a house with 5 bedrooms and 3 baths, with 20 people. It is amazing how many hours I can spend floating on the lake, talking with my daughters and playing with the grandchildren. Ultimate relaxation!

I am so grateful for the precious gift of a wonderful family.

No comments: