Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother’s Day Thoughts

Actually, I’m not sure this is about Mother’s Day. I just wanted to blog something light.

Actually, I am a really light hearted, fun loving kind of person, in case anyone out there reads this blog who doesn’t know me well. I take writing blog posts too seriously. I feel compelled to write something meaningful, but not tonight.

First of all, I have my 2 year old grand daughter Aspen for the weekend. I picked her up Thursday because her mother Melody was asked to spend that night at the children’s hospital with an 8 month old who has cancer so that her mother could spend one night at home with the rest of the family. This baby has been in the hospital fighting leukemia for 4 months, and will be there another 3 months.  (Well, that’s not light hearted is it).

Anyway, I was happy to keep Aspen. She is a delight. So, today, I picked up my 1 year old grand daughter Kylie so the two could play together. It did not go well. The two fought more than played, but I still enjoyed it. While I don’t like to see children fighting, toddlers fighting skills are not well honed and they are pretty funny.

This afternoon, I had both the girls in the car. Kylie looked at Aspen and said, “Eeew”. I don’t think she meant anything by it, but Aspen was offended. Aspen said, “Kydy, no say eeew me.” Kylie enjoyed that response and replied, “Eeew.” Aspen; “Kydy, top make eeew noise me.” Kylie, “Eeew.” Aspen had to appeal to me for help, “Mammo, Kydy make eeew noise me.”

Overall, we had a great time.

Now, really, I am at the computer working. On Sunday, I am going to be able to speak a little bit for Mother’s Day. We have decided to celebrate women, not just mothers, and I can share some. OK, so I am writing a little bit about what to say. The thing is, I have so much to say, I don’t know where to start. I believe that women are wonderful creatures who have a great ability to love God deeply, to nurture relationships, to worship with freedom, to be passionate about God’s work…well…maybe that is a place to start.

No comments: