Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Some Senior Adult Humor

On Monday, Les and I went to Ft. Worth and picked up my parents to take them to see Melody’s new house. As we drove, my 94 year old Dad said, “The lady from Wheel of Fortune came by last week and told us that we qualify to have a nurse come and check on us every couple of months.”

I thought, Vana White came to their house? That can’t be right. Is my Dad’s mind finally going? Up to this point, he has had a clear and keen mind. NO, I get it. I said, “Daddy, I think you meant that the lady from Meals on Wheels came by, right?”

My dad is not a funny man. He has always been conservative, cautious, dependable, you know the type. But, has he has gotten older, he has loosened up and developed quit a wit.

A few years ago, he was walking in the mall and was approached by a salesman from a jewelry kiosk. Daddy said he was not interested in buying anything. The man said, “Wouldn’t you like to take something home to surprise your wife?” My dad replied, “I’m 83 years old, my wife is surprised when I come home alive.”

No comments: