Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sharing God's Love in Little Ways


If your reading this and you know me or have read any previous posts, you know that I am big believer in what Mother Theresa said, ""Don't look for big things, just do small things with great love." Last Saturday, I had a great opportunity to do a few small things in a new area. Three of my daughters, along with 5 grandchildren and one son in law were invited to join the Pastor of a very small Spanish speaking church in Southeast Ft Worth and go to some homes in a neighborhood he is trying to reach. We met at the church, which is also where the pastor lives, along with a few members of his congregation. After some time of prayer, we drove to the target neighborhood. We spread out and went to the homes with gifts of diapers, small gifts for children, and some food. (I told my daughter the residents probably thought, "Thank you for the gifts, but did you have to bring 50 children with you")
I don't know how many lives are touched by this type of activity, or if eternity is impacted, but we had a great time and met some remarkable people.
We met a beautiful young woman whose husband was deported this week. She has 2 young sons, and a 2 month old baby. We spoke with her and prayed for her and her family.
As we approached one home, I noticed a very small wheelchair sitting near the door. That family had three sons, one, a 4year old boy named Billy who has Cerebral Palsy, cannot walk or talk, or even sit alone. It was a joy to be able to provide some things that the family needed and be able to pray for the family and especially little Billy.
The final family that I visited with had a 6 year old daughter who was just diagnosed with a brain tumor. As I wrote this, I remembered that she is entering the hospital this week for more tests.
I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to meet these families, and to serve with the sweet brothers and sisters.
As I said, I don't know what kind of eternal impact the time had, but I am happy to share God's love in whatever way possible.

No comments: