Friday, December 10, 2010

A Dream from God?

I can’t say for sure when God speaks in a dream and when it is just an active subconscious imagination, but I do believe that sometimes He does speak to me in dreams.

Last night I had a dream that just might have been from God. I was having a kind of nightmare. In my dream, a kind of homeless man was trying to kill another homeless man. The bad man was laying on top of the good man, with a rock between their stomachs, pressing the rock into the stomach of the man on the bottom. (Of course that was not truly life threatening, but it was a dream, ok). Other homeless men were shouting for the bad man to stop hurting the good man, and finally pulled him off. The good man got up and began to try to get away. The bad man picked up a rock and began to shout after him, threatening to hit him or throw the rock at him. He just continued to pick up rocks and threaten, and the good man kept walking and trying to find a way out. The dream felt like a nightmare, and when I woke up, I felt afraid.

When I was fully awake and thinking clearly, I realized that the dream was really not scary at all. It was rather funny the way the bad man picked up a rock and threatened but never actually did anything.

Now, for the reason I think that God was showing me something. I have been keenly aware lately that we are in a battle. The dream reminded me that Satan uses threats, fears, and accusations. He has no real power.

One area of attack lately has been Celebrate Recovery. We have had computer problems, a plumbing leak that caused a flood in the auditorium, illnesses, misunderstandings; just a lot of problems. God has been faithful and we are not discouraged, but, still we recognize that things have not been easy lately.

Then, this Thursday night, a young man gave his heart to Christ. He became a follower of Jesus! Proof that Satan can’t stop the work that God is doing.

1 comment:

Belinda Letz said...

That's the thing about Satan, when he works it's chaos and disruption. When God works its quietly and orderly and grand. I have seen God work for good all the havoc Satan has been dishing out.