Monday, July 25, 2011

Surprise! Meals!

I just read my daughter’s blog about meal planning (http://cherrycokecruising.com/.  She gave detailed steps to careful planning for 2. I realized that weekly meal planning is long gone in my life. When I was a stay at home mom raising 4 children planning meals, making careful shopping lists, and clipping coupons were all important duties.

Now, my life is just not quite so organized. As the Women’s Minister, I host various dinners, showers, brunches, and lunches very often. So, I have leftovers which we eat for a while, then I recycle some into new dishes, and freeze some to use later. (sometimes I remember to label the things I freeze, sometimes I don’t).

And, I also lead Celebrate Recovery. We serve snacks every week, a meal once a month, and regular special occasion dinners. So, the word around the church is, when there are leftovers from any event, “Give it to Jeannette. C.R. will use it.” So, my freezer is full of strange food items all the time. In fact, after reading Katy’s blog, I found some unidentified meat in my freezer. I plan to cook it and find out what it is! I need to go look for recipes now! meat

2 comments:

Melody said...

Ha! That's hilarious! Give an update when you find out what it is.un

Psalm139verse14 said...

Ewwwww, gotta be a ground beef dish!