Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year's Resolutions? NOT me!

It's the first of January. Many people talk about making resolutions, which, as someone said, are really a to-do list for the fist week of January. I had some ladies over for lunch on Monday. For content, I thought we would discuss "our" resolutions. (by our I obviously meant their, since I don't do resolutions.) Well it turns out they don't either, so the discussion was short. One friend said her resolution was to study the Bible more, another said she was going to pray more, but those things are pretty constant goals, so they just barely count as resolutions.

Maybe it's our age, ranging from 40 something up. Maybe we learned long ago that resolutions don't last long. Still, although I don't do resolutions, I do love the feeling of the clean slate, fresh start that the new year brings. I feel like Im starting a new lap in a race. I want to pick up the pace; pray more, study the Bible more, share my faith more, love God more, love other people better, serve better, spend more time with my grandchildren. I want to live my life fully, with great joy and gusto. I hope to shine this year! I hope that my life will cause someone else to want to follow Jesus.
So, welcome 2012!

No comments: