Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Easy New Recipe

I rarely share a recipe here, (in fact I dont think I ever have), mainly because there are so many blogs,with great new recipes, but I cooked up something last night that was easy, cheap, delicious, and HEALTHY! So, I wanted to share it. My husband loves eggplant Parmesan. I can make it, but it is a little bit of trouble, and turns a healthy veggie into a high fat meal. I decided to try a healthier version, and I was happy with the outcome.

One eggplant- cut ends off and chop it into pieces

Pour about 2 tablespoons olive oil into a 9*13 pan, sprinkle in some rosemary, oregano, thyme, garlic (fesh chopped or powder, salt, pepper. Stir in the eggplant until it is coated. Add more olive oil if you need to, just to coat all the pieces very lightly.
Add about a half of an onion, sliced.

Put this into the oven, set on 400, cook about 30 minutes.
While that cooks, cook some pasta. I actually used whole wheat spaghetti, but that is not my usual choice.

When the eggplant is a soft and browned, but not mushy, remove it from the oven, add 1/2 can diced tomatoes with garlic, (or Italian spices). Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese, serve over the pasta.

Easy, my husband loved it, and I still feel healthy this morning!

No comments: