Saturday, September 1, 2012

Jet Skis

This summer we bought Jet Skis. After our traditional Family Lake-house Adventure the week of July 4th, my husband Les, (who does not like sun, sand, water, heat, sweating, getting dirty...) said we should buy jet skis. He searched Craig's list and we bought two very old, cheap jet skis. We have really had a lot of fun. I know that Les bought them for me, and I appreciate that VERY much. Here we are the day we bought them. We've taken them out every week since we got them.
We took them out this morning, and I got to thinking about one thing.
I go a lot faster than Les does. There are two reasons for this.
1. My jet ski is faster. We don't know why. They are both 1993 model Yamahas with the same engine, but, when you go full throttle, mine goes a little faster.
2. I go faster. Whatever I do, I do full throttle. I even walk fast. I can't help it. Les has always said that the one verse that I truly live by is Col 3:23, "And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men."

Whatever I do, I do it heartily, with a lot of zeal and enthusiasm. This is not always a good thing. I mean, if a little cleaner will get the floor clean, a lot will get it REALLY clean. If a little comet will clean the tile, a lot of comet will...actually make a mess that is hard to get off.
But, most of the time, I am happy to be a zealous, whole-hearted kind of girl, full throttle all the way!


1 comment:

thenewwittys said...

i love seeing Les on a jet ski! i loved reading this post, Jeannette!!