Thursday, September 13, 2012

Trying to Simplify!

I am trying to simplify, declutter, clean things out. I was thinking about doing this, then I was inspired by my daughters who have been cleaning things out. My decorating style is what I call Mediteranean Eclectic, with red, purple, and lots of pretty things sitting around, and it can quickly become cluttered. So, I am trying to trim things back.  In the mean time, my husband is clearing out his business storage building and getting ready for a "garage" sale.
Perfect time to clean out and sell some things. OK, first round wasn't too bad, I cleaned out extra baking dishes, extra blankets, and some other useful things to give to a friend. Then I filled two boxes with decor I was ready to part with. NOW, it is time to get tough. I have a lot of things that I don't use very often, but I still like. For instance, these are my candle holders.

 Yes, I have a lot of them. I bought them all, because I liked them, they were pretty, I had a use for them. I had some on the mantle, some on the piano, some on my dresser. Now, they are all in a box in the kitchen cabinet. I still use them sometimes, to decorate for a party or a wedding or baby shower. I don't want to get rid of them, but I don't want to keep them in my cabinet. I also have a lot of lamps, and a LOT of dishes, really pretty dishes. Like I said before, you never know when you might need to throw a dinner party for 60 people...and you would need candles at every table, right. 
So, I have to decide what to do with all my stuff. Sale it, or start a catering company/


No comments: