Monday, August 24, 2015

Single Mom's Spa Day 2015

Yesterday we held our 11th annual Spa Day for single Moms.  We offer free hair-cuts, manicures, pedicures, facials, make-overs, plus special refreshments for single mothers who are caring for minor children. While the moms are being pampered, we have another crew taking care of all of the children, and our men and children was their cars. We also provide school supplies for any of the children who need them, and a selection of gently used clothing. 
We do this because we want to reach out to these women in our community who may not have the opportunity to spend a day being loved on and pampered.  
One thing that I so appreciate is the many, MANY volunteers who make this day so very special. I can't even begin to name all the helpers, over 100 of them, raging in age from 7 to 87, literally. What a blessing to serve with people who love the Lord and love to serve. 
This was posted on facebook by one of the moms who came. 

" This morning the service at my church was about making people feel wanted and welcomed. How to do just that in the work for the Lord and bring people to Christ. Right after service we headed to Cottonwood Church in Dublin for the Single Mom's Spa Day. Let me just say - they did just what was preached this morning. My car was parked for me, the men of the church cleaned and washed the inside and outside of my car (it has never looked cleaner!), I got a hair cut, make-up, a facial, a pedicure, a manicure, and my photos taken. They fed me and my child. They also watched my child so I can have a baby free relaxing day. They gave clothes and school supplies, talked to me, loved on me, and made me feel special. That is the way you treat guests. Thank you Cottonwood Church for making my daughter and I feel like our own church family does. It was a excellent day and a much needed mommy break."

 That explains the day pretty well, so instead of writing more, I will let some pictures speak. 
We begin with a great greeting. 
The women go through the different stations, loved on by a lot of different women. 
Professional hair dressers give their time. They treat each woman just like a paying customer, taking all the time needed to give the cut and style each one wants. 


We always do make-up, but this year we had a professional make-up artist use her air brush equipment! What a special treat. 





Who doesn't love the luxury of a pedicure? 








These two girls have been painting toe nails almost since the beginning of our spa days. 


The manicure room was always full. 





This was our facial crew...no clients at the time!
 The food is always AMAZING. We didn't get any pictures in the kitchen. Those ladies work incredibly hard to make the refreshments a very special treat, and beautifully presented.



 


 
 MORE TOMORROW...kids and cars... while the mom's are being treated.








No comments: