Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Coming Out of the Fog

I assume that anyone reading this blog knows me, and probably know that I am usually a happy, joyful person.
The last couple of weeks, I have been a little bit down, struggling with some things, not big things; little things that I allowed to get to me. Today, I felt myself come through the fog. I felt better, happier, more like myself. I began to consider how that happened, and decided to take some notes so that next time I will know what to do and maybe come through it quicker. So here are the things that I think pulled me out of the fog. Maybe someone will get some help the next time you are feeling a little down, at least I hope I can remember these steps to take.

1. Recognize I am in a battle
1 Peter 5:8 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

2. Remember the battle is not against a person
Ephesians 6: 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

3. Remember the battle is mostly in my mind
Romans 8:6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,
2 Corinthians 10:5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

4. Recruit fighters, a few sisters I trust to pray with me and for me. Galatians 6:2 Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.
1 Thessalonians 5:25 Brethren, pray for us.
I have a small prayer group that meets weekly, and I know for certain that what I share with them will not be repeated, and I know that they will pray for me. I also feel totally accepted by them, so that I can share freely.

5. Remember that I can win
Rom 8:37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.
1 John 4:4 You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
We have the power, the resources, the arms, the weapons; everything we need to win the battles.

6. Stay in the word
Psalm 119:14-16 I have rejoiced in your laws as much as in riches. 15 I will study your commandments and reflect on your ways. 16 I will delight in your decrees and not forget your word.
Ephesians 6:17 And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

7. Keep up the fight. Be patient, be prepared to gradually come out, one step at a time
James 5:7 Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains.
Ephesians 6:13-14 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm therefore,
1 Corinthians 16:13 Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
Sometimes the fight is not easy and the battle is not over quickly. We have to persevere, stay with it.

8. Remember that God is at work, transforming me, dealing with my own insecurities, my pride, my selfishness and my failings.
2 Corinthians 4:17 For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,

No comments: