Saturday, April 17, 2010

Pink Impact First Impressions


Well, I spent the last three days at the Gateway church women’s conference, Pink Impact; imagine 3000 women in one place, pretty much everyone super excited, ready to hear from God, Kari Jobe and Mariam Webster are ready to lead in worship; Priscilla Shirer and Christine Cain are the main speakers, with a few others in the wings. WOW. I have a lot I could share, and I just might, but, first, I want to just share my main impressions.
Christian women let loose are pretty excitable! The conference theme was “Permission Granted”. On Thursday night, at first I felt like I had sort of missed the boat, that somehow I should have done more with my life, been more radical. My next thought was that that is OK, because I have four daughters who are taking the next steps. I felt like Moses who only went so far, then he died and Joshua took over. I raised four daughters who all love the Lord and are serving Him well. I was OK with that for a while, but, by the end of the night, I had totally changed my mind. No, I am not quitting, and I am not sitting still. I am going on. I know that God has more for me to do, and I am determined to do it. Ephesians 2:10 says that we are saved to do good works that God already has planned for us. I don’t think that I have done everything that God has planned for me to do.

Christine Cain had some great points on Thursday night, so I will just share a few.

We are called to live a life of faith and risk.

Our purpose is not to arrive at death safely and fall into a coffin.

We spend our time praying for God to show us miracles and signs, then we never put ourselves in a position where God can work a miracle!

Jesus came to make us dangerous to the kingdom of darkness--not NICE little Christian women

The new normal becomes what the Word says, not what society says

So, there you have a little "teaser". Watch for more details.

No comments: