Sunday, May 27, 2012

Personal Prayer Retreat

Finally. It's been years coming. For a few years, I have wanted, and felt God called me to go away for two days just to be with God, mostly for prayer. It was harder to do than you would think.

First, my husband wouldn't let me. He was pretty sure if I went to away somewhere really secluded (which was the idea) alone (again the purpose), I would be eaten by a bear or kidnapped. If I were to survive those disasters, I would likely fall down, be bitten by snake, and not be able to get any help.
 I know, I could spend hours praying and reading at home, but, at home, there is always something to do, something to distract me, always things that need to be done. I needed to be where I could not see any laundry, dust, or weeds! 
Well, recently, a friend made arrangements for me to stay in the home of a friend of hers. The house is huge, and very nice, and sits on a 1000 acre ranch, in the county, secluded, but with a phone line, a locked gate, and is 20 minutes from home! The home owner was going on a cruise and said she would be happy for me to use the house while she is gone. Les said I could go... So, last Tuesday I was finally able to get away. I stayed until Thursday.
AMAZING. I can't begin to describe how special the time was.
I had time to sit and listen to God. I asked God some questions and listened for His answers. He spoke to me, showed me some things. I spent some time just sitting, purposefully just being still and quite. I read some, walked some, and prayed. I prayed for my family, for the church, for some ministry needs, for some friends. I didn't have any huge burdens, and huge issues to pray for, just the need to be in communication with God.
I am so grateful for the opportunity to have that time. And very thankful for the friend who allowed me to use her beautiful home.

No comments: