Monday, December 31, 2012

Women are REALLY Relational

Last night Les and I went to see Les Miserables, actually drove to Fort Worth to see it in a theater instead of waiting until its out on DVD like we usually do. I Love The Story of Les Miz!  I have seen the musical twice at the Bass Hall. Considering the cost,of shows at the Bass and my budget, that is a REALLY big deal! We were very excited about the movie COMINT out and could NOT believe it did not come to Stephenville. Shame, Cinema Six...bad, bad...
Anyway, we took the time to go see it; soooo worth it. The first time I saw it on stage, I stood and wept at the end, uncontrollably, I was so moved by the story of redemption, forgiveness, grace vs law, love, relationships. All of these are brought out even stronger in the movie because You can get the emotions of the characters; you see their faces, hear the agony in their songs. Also, you can understand every word they say. Every scene makes complete sense, you are never wondering what happened. Hugh Jackman is great, and Anne Hathaway really amazing. I forgot she was acting, her portrayal of a hopeless single mother was so real. When the movie was over, we just sat watching the credits. I was barely able to breathe, and could not stop crying. It wasn't just totally saaaad, it was just so moving.

When we were leaving, we made a rest room stop. The Ladies room was full of crying women standing in line. The conversations went something like this...

Did you just come out of Les Miserables?
Yes, wasn't it amazing.
I can't stop crying.
Have you see it before?
Is it this good on stage?
I've never seen it before, I can't stop crying.
I didn't think she (pointing to her friend) was going to make it.
What an amazing story.
Oh, Fantine.
I love the ending.
It was so good.
I KNOW.
Yes, the Bass Hall production was wonderful, but I understood everything better in the movie.
I didn't know what the story was. It was so sad.

Les was waiting when I walked out. I just said, "I love women."
There were no conversations in the men's room.
Women are always ready to share.


No comments: