Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

I have heard that song (or portions of it) several times the last two days. It got me to thinking about what are my favorite things. I decided to sit down and just randomly jot them down.

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens" are not on my list.
"These are a few of MY favorite things"

playing with the younger grandchildren
shopping with my young teen grand daughters
sleeping under my down comforter
watching my oldest grandson lead worship with a praise team
praying with my prayer group
looking at the view out of my master bedroom wall of windows
hearing new revelation from God's word shared by anyone
sharing the gospel with someone who needs to know that God loves them
sitting on the front porch with my husband
teaching the Bible in any sitting
floating on a lake
floating on a lake surrounded by my grandchildren
floating on a lake while visiting with my daughters
floating on a lake while visiting with friends
singing worship songs with God's people
praising Jesus at the top of my lungs alone in my car
getting lost while hiking with friends


So..."when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad."
What are your personal favorite things?

No comments: