Friday, March 26, 2010

New Life, New Song

Celebrate Recovery is all about celebrating the new things that God is doing, saving us and setting us free from all kinds of junk. I have permission to share one woman's "new life" story.
Last October, Tina walked into Celebrate Recovery a little early. I had the opportunity to visit with her before we started, and as people came into the room, she told me, "These people are so happy. It's weird."
She stayed for the large group time and the small group time, then visited alone with her small group leader, Karen. She came back the next week and said that she had thought about the things we had said and had asked Jesus to be her savior and her Lord! Hallelujah!
Tina has been coming regularly to Celebrate Recovery and to church since January. Boy, has she changed. I will not go into any details, but as she says, her life was a "train wreck". Now, she is experiencing new freedom, new joy, and new peace.
A couple of weeks ago, she told Les, who leads our worship, that she had written a song. She sang it for him that night, and this week, he helped her polish the song.
Last night, she sang the song for us. We clapped and shouted for her, celebrating her song that really represents the new life that God has given her. She gave me permission to share her story and her song so that anyone reading can be blessed. As you read the words of this song, remember these are the words of a brand new Christian.

God You Know My Heart

Swimming in a river of doubt
I thought there was no way out.
Then You came along and washed it all away.

Climbing up the mountains of despair
I wanted to give up.
But you reached out to me with Your unfailing love.

God You know our hearts
God You know our hearts
Jesus take the pain away from us.
God You know my heart.
God You know my heart
I know by faith You have a plan for me.
You have a plan for me.

The pain is deep in me
Like a thorn within my soul.
I know that God is healing me these days.

The scars are oh so real
And very unbearable.
Rainbows shine in these new eyes He's giving me.

Repeat Chorus

After Tina sang her song, we all joined in and sang it with her. She was so full of life, full of joy and confidence. She has changed so much in these few months, her husband told her that she even looks different!
I asked Les, "How is it that we get to be a part of this, to be able to see God work in the lives of people in such a great way?"
We always tell people that Celebrate Recovery is a lot of things, but one thing for sure, it is FUN. Thank You, Jesus!

No comments: