Friday, May 21, 2010

Celebrating How He Loves Us

Sometimes I think a blog is kinda like a diary that is public. So, I have to write about Celebrate Recovery, because I can’t stop thinking about it. I have so much spiritual adrenaline in me right now, I can hardly stand it. My mind is saying, “He loves us, oh how He loves us…” We sang that song last night, led by my 60 year old husband, the most respectable man you would ever meet, careful, conservative…HE ROCKED. We all rocked. I was on the second row, and this group of about 40 people got so loud. We raised the roof. God is so good. His presence was overwhelming. Karen said, “I was crying and singing, I had chill bumps, I wanted to throw myself on the floor, but I couldn’t because I was running the sound.” (Good restraint, Karen). But it was that kind of night. As Aletha said, "can it get anymore awsomererr?"

We had a guest share her testimony, which was based on Psalm 34:17-18 THE RIGHTEOUS CRY OUT AND THE LORD HEARS THEM, HE DELIVERS THEM FROM ALL THEIR TROUBLES. THE LORD IS CLOSE TO THE BROKENHEARTED AND SAVES THOS WHO ARE CRUSHED IN SPIRIT!!!
We had several first timers (I don’t want to say visitors because that is not the way I think of them. When someone comes for the first time, I just think they are part of us, not visiting.)

After small group time, we gather for snacks and visiting. The room was full of laughter and talking. Vicki said, “It is so good to have friends again.” Never have I been in an atmosphere so charged with God’s Spirit, with love, and with joy.
Like Mendi said, “CR is always great, but there was something extra special about last night. And that husband of yours was on fire!"

"How He Loves"

Verse 1
He is jealous for me loves like a hurricane
I am a tree bending beneath
The weight of His wind and mercy
When all of a sudden I am unaware of
These afflictions eclipsed by glory
I realize just how beautiful You are
And how great Your affections are for me

Chorus 1
(Yeah) He loves us
Oh how He loves us
Oh how He loves us
Oh how He loves
(REPEAT)

Verse 2
We are His portion and He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean we're all sinking
So Heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets
When I think about the way that

He loves us
Oh how He loves us
Oh how He loves us
Oh how He loves

He loves us so
Oh how He loves us
How He loves us so
(REPEAT)

1 comment:

Psalm139verse14 said...

Awesome!!!!! Dad will have to have Carter come help lead worship and rock it with Poppa!!