Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Enjoying God's Promises

I have been thinking a lot about God’s promises this week, and just celebrating all that God does for us. One of my favorite songs right now is “Promises” by Jon Egan.

Promises

All of Your promises won’t let go of me
All of Your promises won’t let go of me

I’ve surrendered my life to Your ways,
I have learned what it means to obey
Jesus my heart has been changed by You.

I am walking the path You have made,
I am seeking the truth every day,
Jesus my heart has been changed by You.

I couldn’t walk away if I tried
‘Cause Your love is better than life
The sun’s shining bright and it just won’t set
‘Cause Your love is alive and it lights my step
My heart is amazed everyday to the next
Your joy overtakes and I can’t forget about it

I especially love the first line, that God’s promises won’t let go of me. God’s promises are latched onto us and we cannot shake them off. Here are some of God’s promises that I have meditated on this week. I hope you enjoy them.

" Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. John 14:27-28

For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. 2 Tim 1:7

and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." John 8:32

Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.
Psalm 55:22

"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you. Luke 10:19

Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Heb 4:16

Thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob,
And He who formed you, O Israel,
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name; you are Mine!
2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched,
Nor will the flame burn you. Isaiah 43:1-2


Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rom 8:37-38

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7

He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, Eph 1:5

Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death Rom 8:1-2

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phil 4:13

1 comment:

Mendi K said...

Jeannette,
Thank you for the up-lifting reminder.
Mendi K.