Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Retreat Responses

I asked a few women to write about something that touched them from the retreat last weekend, so that I can post them. (Anyone, if you were at the retreat and would like to write something to post, please email me at maxwells2565@embarqmail.com.

This response is from Carolyn Ross

The Ladies Retreat was super fantastic. The presentation by Cheri Cochran was so well presented and Spirit filled. Each session just got better and better. She was such a wonderful inspiration to each of us and so well prepared. I hung on to every word and tried to take notes but that was nearly impossible because just as she would finish one thought (and before I could write the main idea) she was already presenting the next part and I had to listen to that one so I'd lose that first idea and move to the next. My notes do not make good sense; I tried unsuccessfully. Are there CD's to buy? I don't have a photographic memory (or much of any other kind?!!!). The best Retreat!

And this is a word from Carole Griggs


The message dealing with shame allowed some of our boxes of undealt with shame and guilt to be opened and be cast upon our Scapegoat "Jesus" and helped prepare us to open more as we are made aware of them. Also, the comparison, with hilarity of how God's intense love towards us is like when we look at our children and squeal with delight.

No comments: