Friday, March 1, 2013

The Secret Things

Last week, I read a verse that has really got hold of me. Deuteronomy 29:29 

"The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law. 

God really spoke to me with that. There are secret things that belong to God. I don't need to know or understand those things. In those areas, those secret places, I just need to to trust Him. So many times, we desperately want to know WHY. When we have a loss, we think, "If I just knew why, it would be easier. If I knew my loss served a greater purpose, I could handle it." Sometimes, God shows us why. Sometimes, after some time passes, we see the good that comes from our loss. Sometimes, we don't ever find out. It is a secret that belongs to the Lord. 

But, God reveals things. Every day, God reveals things, and the things that he reveals BELONG to us. God opens eyes and shows me more of who He is every day. Those things are Mine. They belong to me. He often reveals things about me...sometimes things I don't like to see, sometimes sweet things concerning His love for me and the plans He has for me. Those things are mine. Often, God opens my eyes to see something new from His word. Those things are mine. 

The things that are revealed belong to me. I want to hold on to those things, to treasure them, to walk in them. 

God, help me to know the difference. Help me to not worry about, stress over, ponder too much about the secret things that belong only to you. Help me to grasp tightly the things revealed, those things that belong to me. Help me to walk in the revelation you have given me. 

No comments: