Thursday, February 16, 2012

Triumphant Thursday

We are doing a study on discipleship on Sunday Mornings. We have worked through some tough material, taking time to do some evaluations of our selves, praying for light on any sin, strongholds, worldliness, lack of faith, or failure to obey God. This week, we turn to look at some of the facts that the Bible teaches about us, New Creation Confessions. 



Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation. 
Galations 6:15

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here! 

2 Corinthians 5:17




These are wonderful, amazing statements that show how God looks at us. I decided to share them with you. There are a bunch, so I am going to dole them out, writing a few each Thursday, so I used the clever title of Triumphant Thursday. My advice is to read them out loud with a lot of enthusiasm. "Faith comes by hearing". Build your faith by stating these confessions out loud. 


1. I am the salt of the earth. Matthew 5:13
2. I am the light of the world. Matthew 5:14
3.Jesus has prayed for me. John 17
   I belong to God. 17:3
   I am protected by the power of His name. 17:11
   I have His joy in me in full measure. 17:13
   I am kept from the evil one. 17:15
   I can be one with all others of God's children. 17:21
   I have been given the glory of God. 17:22
   Jesus is in me. 17:23
   I am one with God the Father and Jesus the son. 17:24
   I am God's gift to Christ. 17:26
4. I have been justified through faith. Romans 5:1
5. I have peace with God through Jesus. Romans 5:1
6. I have access into the sphere of God's grace. Romans 5:2
7. I have reason to exult in sufferings. Romans 5:3
8. Sufferings train me to endure. Romans 5:3
9.Endurance brings proof that I have stood the test. Romans 5:4
10. This proof is the ground of certainty in me. Romans 5:5 
                 (that barely gets us started, I have 312 of these!)


No comments: