Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Dinner

I have never been a big fan of Valentines Day, just another contrived holiday to coerce people to buy frivolous gifts! So There.
But, this year, I invited three granddaughters to join us for Valentines day, which gave our daughter and son in law an opportunity to go out alone.
 


I cooked a nice dinner, not fancy, but food the girls would eat. I set the yellow roses Les gave me (I said I don't like the holiday. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy the benefits), and candles. I didn't go so far as to use my special china, which is antique and fragile, but I did use milk glass dishes that I use for showers and ladies luncheons. The girls were excited to see the table when they arrived. Kylie said, "I need bites on my Fancy Nancy plate." We had a great evening. A special time with three of my very special Valentines!
We took some pictures, and I notice that I forgot to take my apron off!

No comments: