Sunday, April 22, 2012

Korea in October

I am going to Korea in October. 
Anyone who has read this blog knows that I have three grandchildren who are from Korea. All three were adopted through a wonderful agency called Dillon International. A few weeks ago, I received the agency's quarterly newsletter, which had a wonderful story about a recent mission trip the agency sponsored to South Korea, and mentioned that another trip was planned for October. My daughter, Libby sent a text asking if I wanted to go. Although I had not thought about going, I was quick to respond affirmatively. I have wanted to go somewhere to help take care of orphans, and Libby and I have talked about going together. But, we had in mind somewhere more like Uganda or Haiti, where conditions are hard and the need might be greater. So, we waited and prayed. Libby's husband, Mike gave her some good advice, (here I am quoting from her blog!) "He told me that if I'm truly passionate about orphan care, then why wouldn't I go to the place that does it best with the agency that basically developed the most quality orphan care in the world??? Dillon International hs been ministering in South Korea for 40 years. Those children are wll taken care of and the rest of the world could really lean from them." That makes sense, plus, although Libby has been there three times, this trip would give me the opportunity to go to the birthplace of the grandchildren. So, we decided that this is the trip that God was sending us on. 
Dillon works with a great agency there in Seoul, and the trip will involve serving with that agency. We will have the opportunity to hold babies in the nursery, serve special needs children who were not adopted and live in an orphanage, and minister to unwed mothers who live in a special home provided by the agency.  This trip provides the kind of ministry that makes my heart beat faster. Plus, going with Libby is going to be great. AND, her daughter, Abby, is going! WOW, three generations. Traveling with a daughter and grand daughter. What a trip. 



1 comment:

Belinda Koestle said...

What a great opportunity! I love it when I see God giving people their heart desire. So happy for you, Libby and Abby. God Bless!