Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thoughts for the New Year

I love the start of the new year. There is something so great about starting over. I think God designed the times so that we would have lots of opportunities to start over.
Every day we get a fresh start. Lamentations says that God's mercies are new every morning. I need new mercies every day, and God gives them. If you think you used up most of your allotment of mercy, you get to start over with a fresh supply.
We have the days put together so that we have a new start every seven days. Every Sunday is a new start. Then, every 30 or so days, we flip the calendar page over and start a new month.
Now, we start a new year.
I want to fully take advantage of the new start. No old regrets to hold me back. No failures from last year to discourage me. No disappointments from last year to make me afraid to try something. I am ready for a clean slate.

No comments: